Awesome video discovered on the Visit Oakland YouTube channel… “Oakland’s food and drink scene is on the rise because of the love and care that goes into every glass and on to every plate”. This video is a great way to get ideas on where to visit and explore. Grab a friend and a beer and visit soon!
Oakland has been a trending culinary destination with the rise of new restaurants and chefs bringing their talents to the East Bay. Oakland’s diversity allows diners to enjoy a variety of food options throughout many of Oakland’s neighborhoods. The city’s Oakland Restaurant Week has been celebrated as one of the best in the Bay Area for its inclusion of menus from all regions, tastes, and neighborhoods.
Supplementing the restaurant scene is the Oakland Urban Wine Trail that brings the best of wine country with the city’s urban landscape.
“We are so proud to be recognized as one of the most delicious and unique food scenes in the country,” says Alison Best, President & CEO of Visit Oakland. “Local foodies consistently choose Oakland as the best city to eat in Bay Area and we’re happy to spread the word to the rest of the nation.”
Among the other top six food destinations include Asheville (NC), Raleigh (NC), Providence, Nashville, Louisville, and Minneapolis-St. Paul. Oakland beat out New Orleans, Portland (ME) and Charleston (SC). The list was voted upon by popular vote from 20 nominees compiled by culinary experts. Other nominated Bay Area destinations included Napa and San Francisco but Oakland is the only city represented on the West Coast, and only city in the Bay Area to make the list.
What a great article by Katie Morell on how to spend your time in Oakland! Filled with numerous highlights, this two-day hourly recap is a great read. Her reference to our Hotel in Oakland CA is very appreciated!
Jack London Square Lodging
Titled “How to Spend 50 Amazing Hours in Oakland”, Katie starts out recommending The Inn at Jack London Square for the perfect hotel to book your stay for a Hotel in Oakland CA, located in the historic neighborhood of Oakland: Jack London Square.
She goes on to describe great places to visit, food to eat and really gives her readers a yearning to visit and discover all the wonders of Oakland, California. She describes the location as “A diverse and ever-changing city with a mix of eclectic neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and exciting attractions.”
Thank you Katie Morell, your article is perfect for visitors looking for a hotel in Oakland CA. You can read Katie Morell‘s original and entire article on 7×7.com here.
The Inn at Jack London Square is proud to be a part of Oakland and to offer premier accommodations within the city. We only hope that more people come to explore Oakland and some of the amazing opportunities that the city has to offer. Here are some other reasons that you should consider Oakland for your next vacation.
1. The Best Climate In The USA: Oakland has been voted as having the best climate in the entire US based off of climatological data from the national oceanic and atmospheric administration. Surprisingly Oakland has the same number of sunny days as you would receive in orange County and without having to pay all of the upfront cost to stay and explore the area.
2. Great Sports Teams: Oakland features reasonable ticket prices to go and see the Oakland Athletics as well as the Oakland Raiders. With three pro sports teams available tickets in Oakland are relatively cheap when compared to other teams in their market.
3. The Oakland Zoo: the Oakland zoo is one of the greatest cities in the entire world and is heavily regarded as one of the best laid out zoological habitats in the US. Over just 100 acres you can see spectacular plant and animal life from around the world.
4. Emerging Restaurant Culture: Oakland is becoming a great magnet for foodies with countless premier restaurants opening up. It’s much cheaper to eat in Oakland and experience some of the dining as well.
5. Great Night Life and Beer Culture: located just steps away from the hotel is a bar known for its craft brewering. Featuring a rotating tap with at least 45 beers at any given time beer revolution in Jack London square is a must see for any beer connoisseur.
If you’re planning on coming to stay in Oakland at The Inn at Jack London Square, it’s very important that you know about some of the amazing culinary opportunities that are available in Oakland today. Oakland has opened its borders to restaurants from around the world and cooks who are preparing one-of-a-kind meals the likes of which you can’t find anywhere else. Oakland is quickly becoming a hotbed for restaurants and foodies and during your stay there are a few must visit restaurants.
1. Miss Ollies: Miss Ollies is located in old Oakland and this restaurant focuses on real Caribbean soul food. At this place you can get a skillet fried chicken, plantations or salted fish with plenty of other restaurants in the area serving up tortillas, traditional style beans and more. Miss Ollies is an authentic dining experience that simply can’t be missed.
2. Nido located in Jack London Square Nido, the authentic Mexican restaurant features a Californian spin on traditional Mexican food. Enjoy a wonderful chilies, tortillas, greens and more all served up beautifully and ready for sampling.
3. Tribune Tavern: if you are missing your local gastropod, try the Tribune Tavern downtown which features a wonderful array of delicious pub food ranging from steaks, pulled pork, pot pies, wings and more. This is casual dining at its finest and the perfect place for you to sample some of California’s best craft beer.
4. Hopscotch: is one of the ultimate fusion restaurants in the downtown area. With a retro diner décor, hopscotch serves up a variety of California Asian food featuring its own Hells kimchee, its own take on Ramen noodles and more. Most of the dishes on hopscotch’s menu are designed to be paired with its large selection of whiskeys which can be found at its expansive whiskey bar.